• Question: would you like to be another type of scientist?

• Keywords:
      • Search for related information:
      Asked by andrealaba to Anais, katy, Lauren, Richard, Stuart on 9 Mar 2016.
      • Photo: Lauren Laing

Lauren Laing answered on 9 Mar 2016:

I would love to be an astronaut. That would be really exciting.

• Photo: Stuart Atkinson

Stuart Atkinson answered on 9 Mar 2016:

I think cosmology is one of the most exciting areas in science, which looks at the origin, evolution and large scale structure of the universe. It’s such a wide subject that anyone can come up with a new theory and everyone has to consider it seriously!

It deals with distances so great that the local group of galaxies, which is a few million light years across, is tiny, and not subject to the overall expansion that the universe is subject to.

• Photo: Anais Kahve

Anais Kahve answered on 9 Mar 2016:

I have never thought about this… I know that I could never study space because it scares me thinking that it’s so empty! And I know I don’t find plants very interesting. I do find animal science very interesting so maybe if I could be a different type of scientist I’d be a vet. But I’m happy with the type of scientist I am now, so no, I wouldn’t really like to change.

• Photo: Richard Friend

Richard Friend answered on 9 Mar 2016:

I wanted to be a vet when I was growing up, but now, every time I learn something new about biology it blows my mind, so something to do with that maybe? One tree with six different types of fruit growing on it? Crazy.